Contracts Specialist – Physical Commodities
Last updated on 09/03/2022
Location: London/Flexible Working
Legal and Compliance team seek a Contracts Manager/Specialist to focus on the preparation, review, negotiation, documentation and conclusion of physical commodities contracts as well as freight charterparties.
As a major player in the global markets, these contracts range from individual spot cargo transactions to more complex structured deals. The commercial and operational terms of these contracts are managed via counterparty specific Master Agreements, Long-Form Agreements or industry-agreed Standard Master Agreements.
Increased volume of business for the physical trading teams means that the business currently has a requirement for an experienced Contracts Specialist.
- To draft, review and negotiate trading contracts for physicals to reflect both the commercial terms agreed with our external and internal counterparties and the relevant counterparty agreement. These confirms will cover deals originated in both the Asia Pacific and Europe.
- To work with the Trading teams as well the various internal functions to manage the counterparty physical contract workflow process from deal execution to final signature in a timely and accurate manner.
- To review all contracts and ensure that the details match our internal reporting systems as well as the deal recaps.
- Where appropriate, work closely with Legal on any legal or compliance issues which arises during the course of negotiations on the trading contracts.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- 1 to 5 years’ experience working in a physical commodity trading environment with direct responsibility for physical cargo confirmation drafting.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a physical commodity trading environment with significant exposure to trading contracts review, drafting and negotiation.
- Significant physical energy cargo confirmation drafting experience as well as a thorough understanding of the physical contract transaction cycle.
- Familiarity with the various legal contractual forms (including shipping) associated with the trading of physical cargoes
- Familiarity with Incoterms, physical trading and shipping terms e.g. demurrage, dispatch, and common trading/shipping acronyms.
- Experience of working directly with the trading, legal and support functions within a physical energy trading company.
If you are interested in this Contracts Specialist position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch on 01539 446666.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by Mckenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate Mckenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR. Please contact us on email@example.com.